Bigfun 50mg (Sildenafil Citrate) Tablet is a phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor that helps to relax as well as dilate the blood vessels in the body. It helps to increase the flow of blood in certain parts of the body. This medication can be used for treating erectile dysfunction among men. It also treats pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), and eventually improves the exercising capacity in men as well as women. It can be taken orally or injected in the body by your doctor.
Bigfun 50 MG Tablet helps the muscles that are found around your blood vessel’s walls to relax, thus increasing the blood flow to specific areas of your body. It is also used for treating erectile dysfunctions in men. The reason could be impotence or the inability to keep or get an erection. Apart from that, it can be also used for improving the exercising ability in adults suffering from pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). This phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor (PDE5) relaxes and dilates your blood vessels that are present in your lungs, thus improving your exercising ability.
Before taking this medicine, it is mandatory to consult your doctor to confirm whether it is safe for you or not. It is advisable to take the medication as prescribed. It is usually injected in your body by the doctor in your clinic. You can also take it at home, provided you are trained or acquainted with the proper method of administration. Also, keep in mind to taking more than the required time frame. When taken for PAH, it is generally taken 3 times in a day, with a gap of 4-6 hours. For problems related to erectile dysfunction, you should take them only when you need it, probably half an hour to one hour before any sexual activity. You should not take this medication more than once in a day in this regard.
- Erectile Dysfuntion
- Bigfun 50mg Tablet is used for the treatment of impotence; where achieving and sustaining an erection is a problem while having Erotic intercourse. However, it will work only if there is Erotic stimulation.
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Bigfun 50mg Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure of arteries present in the lungs and right side of the heart. It also improves exercise capacity in such patients.
This medicine works by relaxing the smooth muscles present in the walls of blood vessels. This action is limited to particular areas of the body and the flow of blood in these areas are increased.
It is available as a tablet taken orally and injection to be administered through a vein. To treat pulmonary arterial hypertension it is usually taken three times a day.
- Bigfun 50 MG Tablet is not recommended for use if you have a history of allergy to sildenafil or any other component of this medicine.
- Nitrate containing medicines
- Bigfun 50 MG Tablet is not recommended if you are using any medicine containing nitrates.
- Bigfun 50 MG Tablet is not recommended for use if you are consuming a medicine named Riociguat (Popular trade name is Adempas).
- Missed Dose:
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. It can be skipped if it almost time for the next scheduled dose. This applies to conditions like Pulmonary Hypertension where the dose regimen is fixed.
Contact a doctor immediately if an overdose is suspected. You might require immediate medical attention if the overdose is severe.
- Bloody nose
- Bloody and cloudy urine
- Burning, numbness, tingling in the arms and feet
- Changes in vision
- Sensitivity to light
- Prolonged and painful erection
- Painful urination
Take it when you need it. Do not take more than once a day.
It’s best to take Bigfun 50mg tablet about 1 hour before sexual intercourse, but you can take it anywhere between 30 minutes and 4 hours before sexual activity.
Bigfun 50mg tablet helps achieve and maintain an erection, but will not produce the erection without sexual stimulation.
Do not use Bigfun 50mg tablet if you have recently taken nitrates (medicines used in angina or chest pain).
Notify your doctor if the erection persists for more than two hours after sexual intercourse.
Do not take Bigfun 50mg tablet if you recently had a stroke, a heart attack or if you have a serious liver disease or very low blood pressure.
Pregnancy – This medicine is not recommended for consumption by pregnant women unless clearly needed. Consult a doctor and discuss the benefits and risks before taking this medicine.
Breast-feeding – The use of this medicine should be avoided by nursing mothers. Consult your doctor so that suitable substitute may be advised.
- Hypotension – Consumption of Bigfun 50 MG Tablet can cause a mild and short-lasting decrease in blood pressure. Caution should be exercised if you are taking any medication for lowering high blood pressure.
- Other medications – Bigfun 50 MG Tablet should be used with caution if you are taking medicines for hypertension, heart disease etc. Report the use of all medicines including herbs and supplements to the doctor.
- Deformation of penis – Bigfun 50 MG Tablet should be used with caution in patients having a physical deformity of the penis which may be due to Angulation, Cavernosal Fibrosis or Peyronie disease. The risk of permanent loss of sexual potency is high in such cases.
- Prolonged and painful erection – Bigfun 50 MG Tablet should be used with caution if you have had a painful erection lasting for more than 4 hours. This may be due to an underlying condition like Sickle cell anemia, Multiple Myeloma or Leukemia.
- Loss of hearing – Bigfun 50 MG Tablet may cause a sudden decrease in hearing capabilities along with clinging sound in the ears and dizziness. Contact your doctor immediately if such symptoms are observed.
- Loss of vision – Bigfun 50 MG Tablet may cause a sudden loss of vision in one or both the eyes. It may also cause an impairment in color differentiation capacity. It should be used with extreme caution in patients suffering from this rare genetic disorder of the retina called Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Heart disease – Bigfun 50 MG Tablet should be used with caution in you have a condition of the heart and blood vessels. Use of this medicine is not recommended if your doctor has asked to not indulge in any sexual activity due to a risk of adverse effect on the heart.
- Surgery – Report the use of Bigfun 50 MG Tablet before undergoing any surgery including dental procedures.
- Risk of side effects – The risk of side effects is increasingly high in smokers, elderly and people suffering from conditions of heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels etc. Caution should be exercised in such cases. Some side effects like dizziness, numbness, nausea and pain could occur while having an intercourse after taking it. Report such instances to the doctor immediately.
- Pediatric use – Use of Bigfun 50 MG Tablet is not recommended for people aged below 18 years. It can be used only if prescribed by a doctor.
[Internet]. 2017 [cited 14 March 2017]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/32570
DailyMed – SILDENAFIL CITRATE- sildenafil citrate tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2017 [cited 14 March 2017]. Available from: https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=1bc081f2-399d-43fa-9e0f-9f8df0118e99
Revatio, Viagra (sildenafil) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2017 [cited 14 March 2017]. Available from: http://reference.medscape.com/drug/revatio-viagra-sildenafil-342834#0
sildenafil | C22H30N6O4S – PubChem [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2017 [cited 14 March 2017]. Available from: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/5212#section=Top
sildenafil Full Prescribing Information, Dosage & Side Effects | CIMS India [Internet]. Mims.com. 2017 [cited 14 March 2017]. Available from: http://www.mims.com/india/drug/info/sildenafil/?type=full&mtype=generic#Indications
Sildenafil: Usage, Dosage & Side Effects – Drugs.com [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2017 [cited 14 March 2017]. Available from: https://www.drugs.com/sildenafil.html
Viagra (Sildenafil Citrate): Side Effects, Interactions, Warning, Dosage & Uses [Internet]. RxList. 2017 [cited 14 March 2017]. Available from: http://www.rxlist.com/viagra-drug.htm
1. Is Bigfun Tablet safe to consume or apply when pregnant?
Please consult with your doctor for case-specific recommendations.
2. Is Bigfun Tablet safe while breastfeeding?
Please discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
3. Can Bigfun Tablet be used for penis erection and high blood pressure?
Yes, penis erection and high blood pressure are among the most common reported uses for Bigfun Tablet. Please do not use Bigfun Tablet for penis erection and high blood pressure without consulting first with your doctor. Click here and view survey results to find out what other patients report as common uses for Bigfun Tablet.
4. How long do I need to use Bigfun Tablet before I see improvement of my conditions?
TabletWise.com website users have reported 1 day and same day as the most common time it takes before they saw improvements in their conditions. These times may not be reflective of what you may experience or how you should use this medicine. Please consult with your doctor to check how long do you need to use Bigfun Tablet. Click here and view survey results to find out what other patients report as time for effectiveness for Bigfun Tablet.
5. At what frequency do I need to use Bigfun Tablet?
TabletWise.com website users have reported once a day and other as the most common frequency of using Bigfun Tablet. Please follow your doctor’s
advice on how often you need to Bigfun Tablet. Click here and view survey results to find out what other patients report as frequency of using Bigfun Tablet.
6. Should I consume Bigfun Tablet empty stomach, before food or after food?
TabletWise.com website users have most commonly reported consuming Bigfun Tablet after food. However, this may not be reflective of how you should consume this medicine. Please follow your doctor’s advice on how you should use this medicine. Click here and view survey results to find out what other patients report as timing of using Bigfun Tablet.
7. Is it safe to drive or operate heavy machinery when consuming?
If you experience drowsiness, dizziness, hypotension or a headache as side-effects when using Bigfun Tablet medicine then it may not be safe to drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery. One should not drive a vehicle if using the medicine makes you drowsy, dizzy or lowers your blood-pressure extensively. Pharmacists also advise patients not to drink alcohol with medicines as alcohol intensifies drowsiness side-effects. Please check for these effects on your body when using Bigfun Tablet. Always consult with your doctor for recommendations specific to your body and health conditions.
8. Is this medicine or product addictive or habit forming?
Most medicines don’t come with a potential for addiction or abuse. Usually, government’s categorizes medicines that can be addictive as controlled substances. Examples include schedule H or X in India and schedule II-V in the US. Please consult the product package to make sure that the medicine does not belong to such special categorizations of medicines. Lastly, do not self-medicate and increase your body’s dependence to medicines without the advice of a doctor.
9. Can it be stopped immediately or do I have to slowly ween off consumption?
Some medicines need to be tapered or cannot be stopped immediately because of rebound effects. Please consult with your doctor for recommendations specific to your body, health and other medications that you may be using.