Biocaine 2% Injection is a local anesthetic. It is used topically on the skin to reduce itchiness and skin conditions such as insect bites, eczema and burns. It is also used to cure hemorrhoids and problems of the genital/anal regions. This medication functions by reducing pain, redness and swelling. The viscous variant is used for dental treatment.
On using Biocaine Injection you may experience certain side effects such as a burning or stinging sensation, dizziness, drowsiness, changing body temperatures, blurred vision or a pounding/ringing in your ears. Severe reactions include depression, numbness and vomiting. Should your reactions continue and become worse over time contact your doctor right away.
Before using BiocaineInjection inform your doctor if; you are allergic to any medicine, food, substances or ingredients contained within BiocaineInjection, you have diabetes, liver/ stomach problems and infections.
Take the dosage recommended by your doctor for your condition. This topical medication comes as a gel, spray, cream, lotion and skin patch. Apply on the affected area of the skin after cleaning and drying it well. It is usually recommended to use about 2-3 times a day.
- This medicine is used to numb a specific area of the body to reduce pain and discomfort caused by surgical or other invasive medical procedures. Both the injectable and topical forms are used for anesthesia.
- Pain and irritation
- This medicine is used to relieve pain, swelling and discomfort associated with conditions like sunburn, insect bites, minor cuts, scratches, and burns.
- This medicine is used to relieve pain, itching and discomfort caused by hemorrhoids.
- Postherpetic Neuralgia
- This medicine is used to relieve pain and burning sensation that lasts after the blisters or shingles have disappeared.
- Cardiac arrythmia
- This medicine is used for the management of heart rhythm disorders likely to occur during heart surgeries or a heart attack.
- Gastrointestinal tract examination
- This medicine is also used as a numbing medication before procedures like Endotracheal intubation.
- Labor pain and discomfort
- This medicine is also used during a spinal block to reduce pain and discomfort caused due to labor contractions.
- Nerve block to relieve pain
- This medicine is also injected into specific regions of the spinal cord to treat pains associated with spasm of blood vessels, surgical procedures in the neck or groin area, etc.
This medicine works by blocking pain signals from the body to the brain. It works on the heart rhythm by affecting the electrical signals generated by the heart.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
hypersensitive reaction to buy online Biocaine Injection is a contraindication. similarly, Biocaine Injection have to not be used when you have the subsequent situations:
- Children under the age of 12 years
- Open wounds or damaged areas
- Missed Dose:
Oral forms: Take the missed dose as soon as you remember, if you are on a dosing schedule. Usually, the injectable form is administered in a clinical/hospital set up by a qualified healthcare professional and the topical form has no dosing regimen, hence the likelihood of missing a dose is very low.
Contact your doctor immediately if an overdose with this medicine is suspected. Symptoms of an overdose may include slowed or difficult breathing, change in heart rate, coma etc.
- Flushing or redness of skin
- Injection site bruising and red coloration
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Cracked or scaly skin
- Fast heartbeat
- Difficulty in breathing
- Join pain and swelling
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands and feet
- Blurred vision
- Chills or cold sweats
- Dizziness when getting up suddenly from a sitting position
- Shaking and trembling of arms and feet
- Unusual tiredness and weakness
- Unpleasant aftertaste
- Ringing or buzzing in the ears
- Decrease/loss of hearing
- Unusual thirst
- Convulsions (seizures)a
- Pregnancy – This medicine is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless absolutely necessary. Discuss all the risks and benefits with your doctor before using this medicine.
- Breast-feeding – This medicine is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women unless absolutely necessary. Discuss all the risks and benefits with your doctor before using this medicine.
- General warnings
- Other medicines – Report the use of all other medicines including herbs and supplements to the doctor before receiving Biocaine 2 % Injection to rule out the chances of a potential interaction.
- Malignant hyperthermia – Use of this medicine can cause Malignant hyperthermia characterized by a rapid rise in body temperature and severe muscle pain. Use of this medicine should be stopped at the first instance of this condition.
DailyMed – A3736-22- regional anesthesia kit [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2017 [cited 16 June 2017]. Available from: https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=c38ce5e9-5b1c-4ec8-bf85-12199a84f5a5
Lidocaine – DrugBank [Internet]. Drugbank.ca. 2017 [cited 16 June 2017]. Available from: https://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB00281
Lidocaine Viscous: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2017 [cited 16 June 2017]. Available from: https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a682701.html
[Internet]. 2018 [cited 8 February 2018]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/20887
[Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2018 [cited 8 February 2018]. Available from: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2014/022221s005lbl.pdf
1. Is Biocaine Injection safe to consume or apply when pregnant?
Please consult with your doctor for case-specific recommendations.
2. Is Biocaine Injection safe while breastfeeding?
Please discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
3. Is it safe to drive or operate heavy machinery when consuming?
If you experience drowsiness, dizziness, hypotension or a headache as side-effects when using Biocaine Injection medicine then it may not be safe to drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery. One should not drive a vehicle if using the medicine makes you drowsy, dizzy or lowers your blood-pressure extensively. Pharmacists also advise patients not to drink alcohol with medicines as alcohol intensifies drowsiness side-effects. Please check for these effects on your body when using Biocaine Injection. Always consult with your doctor for recommendations specific to your body and health conditions.
4. Is this medicine or product addictive or habit forming?
Most medicines don’t come with a potential for addiction or abuse. Usually, government’s categorizes medicines that can be addictive as controlled substances. Examples include schedule H or X in India and schedule II-V in the US. Please consult the product package to make sure that the medicine does not belong to such special categorizations of medicines. Lastly, do not self-medicate and increase your body’s dependence to medicines without the advice of a doctor.