Filban is a medication specifically designed to treat hypoactive sexual desire disorder also known as (HSDD) in women who are pre-menopausal. The condition affects nearly 1/3 of adult women in the United States. Using Filban increases the number of satisfying sexual events per month by about one half to one over placebo from a starting point of about two to three.
The first and only FDA-approved treatment for acquired, generalized Hypoactive Erotic Desire Disorder (HSDD) in premenopausal women. defined by the FDA as characterized by low Erotic desire that causes marked distress or interpersonal difficulty and is not due to a co-existing medical or psychiatric condition, problems within the relationship, or the effects of a medication or other drug substance.” (I already have questions: does breastfeeding count as a “co-existing medical condition?” Wait, is it safe while breastfeeding? Sigh. Nevermind.)
Fliban is a non-hormonal prescription pill used to treat Hypoactive (low) erotic Desire Disorder (HSDD) in women who have not gone through menopause, who have not had problems with low erotic desire in the past, and who have low erotic desire no matter the type of erotic activity, the situation, or the erotic partner. Women with HSDD have low erotic desire that is troubling to them. Their low erotic desire is not due to:
- a medical or mental health problem
- problems in the relationship
- medicine or other drug use
- Fliban is not for use for the treatment of HSDD in women who have gone through menopause or in men. Fliban is not for use to improve erotic performance. Fliban is not for use in children.
Fliban (Flibanserin Tablets) are used to treat premenopausal women with acquired, generalized hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD) as characterized by low sexual desire that causes marked distress or interpersonal difficulty.
Women with hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD) have low sexual desire that is troubling them and their low sexual desire is not because of the following conditions: a medical or mental health problem, problems in the relationship and medicine or other drug use. HSDD is a medical condition where premenopausal women have low sexual desire-or low libido-that is troubling to them. Fliban is not for the treatment of HSDD in women who have gone through menopause or in men, or to improve sexual performance. Fliban is not for use in children.
Fliban tablet is contain Flibanserin active ingredient. Fliban tablet is activate the receptors of 5-HT1A in the prefrontal cortex. This 5-HT1A receptors is increasing the level of dopamine and norepinephrine activity and also inhibit decreasing the level of seretoin activity at prefrontal cortex.
That incresed and inhibit activity in prefrontal cortex they leads to improved balance between neurotransmitter systmes and which is regulat the Erotic responce in woman.
Take 1 Fliban tablet one time a day at bedtime.
Take Fliban only at bedtime. Taking Fliban at a time other than bedtime can increase your risk of low blood pressure, fainting (loss of consciousness), accidental injury, and sleepiness.
Fliban tablets are contraindicated in patients with a hypersensitivity to the active ingredient Flibanserin or any inactive ingredient present in tablets. Fliban tablets are also contraindicated in the following cases:
- Alcohol as alcohol increases the risk of severe hypotension and syncope. Therefore alcohol use when utilized this medication is contraindicated.
- Moderate or strong cytochrome P450 3A4 (CYP3A4) inhibitors as severe hypotension and syncope can occur when Fliban is used with moderate or strong CYP3A4 inhibitors
- Hepatic impairment as severe hypotension and syncope can occur when Fliban is used in patients with hepatic impairment
- Missed Dose
The recommended dosage of Flibanserin Tablets (Fliban) is 100mg taken once daily at bedtime. Flibanserin is administered at bedtime because administration during waking hours increases risks of hypotension, syncope, accidental injury, and central nervous system (CNS) depression. Positive results can be expected earliest after three weeks. Discontinue therapy after 8 weeks in case there is no improvement.
Overdosage of Flibanserin tablets could cause an increase in the incidence or severity of any of the reported side effects. Symptoms of overdose may include severe drowsiness, severe dizziness, fainting.
In the case of overdosage, treatment should address the symptoms and supportive measures, as needed. There is no known specific antidote for Flibanserin.
- Abdominal pain
The warnings and precautions to be taken when undergoing treatment with Fliban (Generic Flibanserin Tablets) are:
- Hypotension and Syncope with Fliban Alone: Patients with pre-syncope should immediately lie supine and promptly seek medical attention in case the symptoms do not resolve.
- Central Nervous System (CNS) Depression (e.g., Somnolence, Sedation): Can occur with Fliban alone. Exacerbated by other CNS depressants, and in settings where flibanserin concentrations are increased. Patients should avoid activities requiring full alertness (e.g., operating machinery or driving) until at least 6 hours after each dose and until they know how Fliban affects them.
No Information Available