Megalis 10mg is an oral medication for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) in men. ED is a condition where the penis does not fill with enough blood to harden and expand when a man is sexually excited, or when he cannot keep an erection. A man who has trouble getting or keeping an erection should see his healthcare provider for help if the condition bothers him. This medicine helps increase blood flow to the penis and may help men with ED get and keep an erection satisfactory for erotic activity.
Once a man has completed sexual activity, blood flow to his penis decreases, and his erection goes away. Some form of sexual stimulation is needed for an erection to happen with this medicine. We supply Megalis tablets (Generic Tadalafil 10mg and 20mg) tablets manufactured by Macleods, India. We also have in stock Tadacip 20mg manufactured by Cipla which is also used for the same indication and has the same active ingredient Tadalafil.
- Erectile Dysfuntion
- Megalis 10mg Tablet is used for the treatment of impotence; where achieving and sustaining an erection is a problem while having sexual intercourse. However, it will work only if there is erotic stimulation.
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Megalis 10mg Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure of arteries present in the lungs and right side of the heart. It also improves exercise capacity in such patients.
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Megalis 10mg Tablet is used to treat the symptoms of age related prostate gland enlargement which may include painful, difficult, and frequent urination.
Megalis 10mg Tablet is a phosphodiesterase (PDE-5) inhibitor. It works in erectile dysfunction by increasing blood flow to the penis by relaxing the muscles in penile blood vessels. Megalis 10mg How To Use It works in pulmonary hypertension by relaxing the blood vessels in the lungs to allow blood to flow more easily.
Take This medication in the dose and duration as advised by your specialist. Megalis 10mg is What Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Megalis 10mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
Always take Megalis 10mg exactly as your physician has instructed you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure.
The suggested starting dose is one 10mg tablet before erotic activity. If the effect of this dose is too weak your doctor may increase the dose to 20 mg. In most cases, if you would take this medication daily, then your doctor might prescribe a lower dose of 2.5 mg to 5 mg a day. Megalis 10 mg drug are for oral use. Swallow the tablet whole with some water. You may take Megalis 10mg with or without food.
You may take this drugs at any point in time from 30 minutes to 10 hours before erotic activity. Megalis 10mg may still be effective up to 24 hours after taking the tablet. It is important to note that Megalis 10mg does not work if there is no erotic stimulation. You and your partner will need to engage in foreplay, just as you would if you were not taking a medicine for erectile dysfunction.
- You should NOT take Megalis 10mg more than once a day.
- Daily use of Megalis 10mg is strongly discouraged.
- Megalis 10 MG Tablet is not recommended for use if you have a history of allergy to sildenafil or any other component of this medicine.
- Organic nitrates
- Megalis 10 MG Tablet is not recommended for use if you are currently using any medicine that contains organic nitrates. Example: Nitroglycerin, Isosorbide etc.
- Missed Dose:
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. It can be skipped if it is almost time for the next scheduled dose. This applies to conditions like Pulmonary Hypertension where the dose regimen is fixed.
Contact a doctor immediately if an overdose is suspected. You might require immediate medical attention if the overdose is severe.
- Persistent cough
- Decrease/loss of vision
- Change in color vision
- Decrease/loss of hearing
- Prolonged and painful erection
- Allergic skin reaction
- Difficulty in breathing
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands and feet
- Peeling and blistering of skin
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Pain in the arms, legs and the back
- Uterine bleeding
- Pregnancy This medicine is not recommended for consumption by pregnant women unless clearly needed. Consult a doctor and discuss the benefits and risks before taking this medicine.
- Breast-feeding The use of this medicine should be avoided by nursing mothers. Consult your doctor so that suitable substitute may be advised.
- Hypotension Consumption of Megalis 10 MG Tablet can cause a mild and short-lasting decrease in blood pressure. Caution should be exercised if you are taking any medication for lowering high blood pressure.
- Other medicines This medicine should be used with caution if you are taking medicines for hypertension, heart disease etc. Report the use of all medicines including herbs and supplements to the doctor.
- Deformation of penis This medicine should be used with caution in patients having a physical deformity of the penis which may be due to Angulation, Cavernosal Fibrosis or Peyronie disease. The risk of permanent loss of sexual potency is high in such cases.
- Prolonged and painful erection This medicine should be used with caution if you have had a painful erection lasting for more than 4 hours. This may be due to an underlying condition like Sickle cell anemia, Multiple Myeloma or Leukemia.
- Loss of hearing This medicine may cause a sudden decrease in hearing capabilities along with clinging sound in the ears and dizziness. Contact your doctor immediately if such symptoms are observed.
- Loss of vision This medicine may cause a sudden loss of vision in one or both the eyes. It may also cause an impairment in color differentiation capacity. It should be used with extreme caution in patients suffering from this rare genetic disorder of the retina called Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Heart disease This medicine should be used with caution in you have a condition of the heart and blood vessels. Use of this medicine is not recommended if your doctor has asked to not indulge in any sexual activity due to a risk of adverse effect on the heart.
- Risk of adverse effects The risk of side effects is increasingly high in smokers, elderly and people suffering from conditions of the heart, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels etc. Caution should be exercised in such cases. Some side effects like dizziness, numbness, nausea and pain could occur while having an intercourse after taking it. Report such instances to the doctor immediately.
- Pediatric use This medicine is not recommended for use in patients aged below 18 years.
- Seizure disorder Use of this medicine has been associated with increased frequency and severity of convulsion and hence should be used with caution in patients suffering from epilepsy or any other seizure disorder.
- Alcohol Use of alcohol may cause a fall in blood pressure and associated symptoms like fainting, dizziness, excessive sweating etc. It is recommended to limit or avoid the uptake of alcohol while using this medicine.
- Liver/kidney disease This medicine should be used with caution in patients having an impairment of normal liver/kidney function. Use of this medicine is not recommended if the impairment is severe. Appropriate dose adjustment and frequent clinical monitoring are advised in case of mild to moderate impairment.
Store at 15-30°C. Store it at room temperature and keep in an airtight container.
- 100% Genuine Product
- Super Fast Shipping
- 100% Price Match Guarantee
- Open 7 Days A Week
- 100% Secure Transactions
- Trusted Pharmacies & International Suppliers
- Certified International Pharmacy
- Amazing & Fast Customer Service
- Fast & Simple To Use Website
- Care, Quality, Trust
DailyMed – tadalafil tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2017 [cited 23 May 2017]. Available from: https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=ff61b237-be8e-461b-8114-78c52a8ad0ae
Tadalafil – DrugBank [Internet]. Drugbank.ca. 2017 [cited 23 May 2017]. Available from: https://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB00820
Tadalafil: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2017 [cited 23 May 2017]. Available from: https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a604008.html
1. Is Megalis addictive?
No, Megalis is not an addictive drug. However, some people may develop an emotional or psychological dependence on the medicine. Always take the medicine for the duration as suggested by your doctor.
2. Can I take Megalis with prednisone?
Megalis, when taken with prednisone, may cause low blood pressure. Please consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may be required when the two medicines are to be used together.
3. Is Megalis safe to use?
Megalis is safe when used strictly as advised by your doctor and for approved conditions like erectile dysfunction and pulmonary arterial hypertension. However, there are some very common side effects that you may experience with Megalis like a headache, flushing, nasal congestion, dyspepsia, back pain, muscle pain, and pain in extremity.
4. Is Megalis better than sildenafil?
Both Megalis and sildenafil belong to the same group of drugs called phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitors, used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction and pulmonary arterial hypertension. However, Megalis has a slow onset of action with less efficacy but works for a much longer time and is safer than sildenafil.
4. How long can I take Megalis for?
Megalis should only be taken only for the time period as advised by your doctor.
5. Can I take Megalis with losartan?
Yes, Megalis can be taken with losartan. However, there could be an excessive fall in blood pressure when taken together and you can experience symptoms like dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, flushing, headache, or an increased heart rate. So, special caution must be taken when taking them together and inform your doctor if you experience any of these symptoms.
6. Can I take Megalis if I have high blood pressure?
Megalis can be taken in patients with high blood pressure. However, if you are on medicines for high blood pressure, taking Megalis along with them can cause a significant fall in blood pressure which could be harmful. Megalis is absolutely contraindicated in patients taking nitrates. Inform your doctor before taking them together.
7. Can I take Megalis with antibiotics?
Megalis can be taken safely with antibiotics. However, it is degraded in the body by an enzyme known as CYP3A4 and a dose adjustment may be needed when it is used with drugs which can affect the activity of this enzyme. Antibiotics like erythromycin, clarithromycin, ketoconazole and itraconazole can decrease the action of this enzyme and increase Megalis levels in the blood. Antibiotics like rifampicin increase the action of this enzyme causing an increased breakdown of Megalis and decrease its efficacy.
8. Does Megalis affect sperm count?
No, Megalis has no known effect on sperm count. It is a medication used for erectile dysfunction, not to increase sperm count.
9. Does Megalis delay ejaculation?
No, Megalis is not known to affect ejaculation. It is used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
10. Does Megalis expire?
Like any other drug, Megalis does have an expiry date and should not be used beyond that. Please check the package insert for the same.